Category Archives: Merchant Service
The City’s Home and Business Protection Program (HBPP) provides rebates up to certain limits that cover the costs of outdoor security cameras, one year of cloud storage for video footage, outdoor motion sensor lighting, vehicle GPS trackers, and subscription costs. All Chicago residents as well as business, religious, and non-profit organizations are encouraged to take advantage of the program, purchase equipment, and receive financial reimbursement. The program is first-come, first-serve.
Anyone who meets the eligibility criteria below may receive reimbursement for:
- up to $225 per camera (cost of camera and tax only) for a maximum of 2 cameras, or a total $450 reimbursement
- one year of subscription costs for cloud-based video storage systems for a maximum of $150 per annual subscription
- up to $100 per light (cost of light and tax only) for a maximum of 2 lights, or a total $200 reimbursement
- up to $50 per vehicle GPS tracking device (cost device and tax only) for a maximum of 2 devices, or a total $100 reimbursement
- one year of subscription costs for GPS tracking applications as required for use by the vehicle GPS tracking device manufacturer up to $120.
To be eligible for any qualifying rebates, the following requirements must be met:
- The applicant must be an owner or tenant of a property used as a primary residence, business, religious institution, or nonprofit organizations within the City of Chicago OR own or lease a vehicle registered to a primary address within the City of Chicago.
- The applicant must provide documentation that verifies proof of purchase.
- The applicant must provide photo documentation that verifies installation.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at HBPP@cityofchicago.org or (312) 742-3317.
To help keep your account secure, from May 30, 2022, Google no longer supports the use of third-party apps or devices which ask you to sign in to your Google Account using only your username and password.
Important: This deadline does not apply to Google Workspace or Google Cloud Identity customers. The enforcement date for these customers will be announced on the Workspace blog at a later date.
For more information, continue to read.